The Event: A party in Smithwick’s Brewery in Kilkenny to mark the closing of the brewery after 303 years of operation. It was an emotional time and one we wanted to ensure the atmosphere was receptive, respectful and that everyone enjoyed themselves.
My Role: Production Coordinator with EQ Events
- Planning and producing a bespoke party in the Smithwick’s Brewery
- The site is 303 years old
- The courtyard where we held the event had uneven flooring, uneven gulleys and listed building fronts
- Delivering an event as iconic as the commemoration, ensuring care and sensitivity to the emotional situation
What we did:
- Booked iconic Irish Celtic band Horslips to play the event
- Erected a marquee to cover the entire courtyard
- Gave the guests a night to remember as generations of families who worked there said goodbye to the brewery.